Saturday, November 10, 2012

Shoes: A Crafting Success!

I think I'll just keep saying it- I'm a huge fan of crafting as opposed to sewing these days! This is a pretty simple project, but I'm so happy with how they turned out. Basically I've had these black canvas shoes for a few years, and I always felt rather unfeminine while wearing them. I'm not sure why I didn't get grey or white shoes because I'm always wishing I had some light tennis shoes to wear, but that's okay because now I have blue ones!


I've been thinking about this project for a while and I did quite a bit of research. I learned that you can definitely paint shoes with regular paint, but you have to mix it with a "textile medium" so it becomes flexible since the shoes will crease when you walk. The textile medium was only about $2 and is sold right by the acrylic paint, and I already had the paint colors from my wall art, so this project cost almost nothing!



I did two coats of white to cover up the black and then a coat plus touchups with the blue. The shoes are a bit shiny, but from far away you can't tell at all. I'm just so thrilled to be successful and to have fun shoes I actually enjoy wearing!

No comments:

Post a Comment