Tuesday, November 27, 2012

November Craft: Crocheted Infinity Scarf

November was supposed to be a busy month for crafting, but I just never got around to it. I wanted to make a centerpiece for the table, some 'Be Grateful' blocks to put above the cabinets, and maybe artwork for above the sink as well. We still have our 'Fall is Here' banner and the wreath, but those were our only Fall decorations. Hopefully I can at least get a few Christmas/winter decorations up for December!

I was worried I wouldn't do any crafting in November and would ruin my New Year's Resolution for 2012, but I did manage to crochet a scarf! Last winter I crocheted a ton, and it seems the perfect wintery hobby during these long, dark nights.



Last year I made an infinity scarf for my sister's Christmas present, but when I tried to view the tutorial I used, I couldn't access the site anymore. So this is a pattern-free, super easy, one skein scarf! I'd like it to be  wider and a bit longer than it is, but it's plenty warm and I was far too lazy to buy more yarn for just a tiny bit more width!

I just chained about 200 chains (until I felt it was long enough to wrap twice around me), then joined them and double crocheted until I ran out of yarn. Super simple, and I could even focus on other things because I didn't have to count or anything. I love the dusty blue color and I'm excited to have another scarf to dress up some plain outfits!

No comments:

Post a Comment