Saturday, November 17, 2012

Pad Thai

I'm trying to plan more exciting dinners that I actually want to try, because lately I've been so unenthusiastic about dinner that we sometimes skip it altogether and have popcorn....I mean....okay, yes. So this pad thai has been a long time coming, but I finally found most of the ingredients (I'll find you someday, elusive bean sprouts!)



It turned out to be one of the fastest meals I've ever made, so I think I'll continue to make it from time to time and tweak it until I like it more. It's not that I didn't like it, but it was just so-so. Actually, I've never had pad thai anywhere, so this could have tasted like anything and I'd still like it! I used this recipe from Lauren's Latest, and I think it was the perfect recipe for me to make pad thai for the first time, but I'd like something a bit more flavorful next time.

Probably the wrong noodles...but they're still really good!

One of the main mistakes was I think the noodles were the wrong type. I've seen "easy" pad thai recipes that use linguine noodles, and these were nowhere near linguine, so I must have picked the wrong rice noodles. So next time I'd like to use different noodles, and have a more flavorful/spicy sauce. And bean sprouts! But pretty good. It's weird to write about a recipe that was just so-so and that really wasn't that difficult, but I was really excited to try pad thai, and I'll definitely make it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment