Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Turquoise Necklace

Sadly, I've never been a huge fan of turquoise jewelry - like the actual turquoise stone. I'm not quite sure what it is about it, but I do think it's absolutely gorgeous on other people! Just not me. However, I love the color turquoise and I really love this necklace.

I held off on making jewelry for so long because I didn't want to buy all of the supplies. Now that I finally took the plunge and bought supplies, I feel like I need to use up all the beads, chain, even the tiny crimps before buying any more! So even though I didn't really have a plan for this necklace, or what it matches with in my closet, I just had to use up these pretty turquoise beads! My necklace is based off the Florida inspired crystal necklace from My Girlish Whims.

I am having more fun making jewelry now than in my first necklace. Cutting wire or chain isn't as hard as it was the first time, and neither is making the little loops on the end of the straight pins to hold and attach the beads. I have a long way to go, but I am sure enjoying this new hobby!




1 comment:

  1. Eliza, this is a gorgeous necklace on you! You look great in jewelry. What a marvelous talent you have to make jewelry!

    ReplyDelete