Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Daddy Baby Onesie

There weren't many things that Shenli got SUPER excited about for this baby. But who can blame him? It's going to be hard work, sleepless nights, exhaustion, crying and diapers, plus expenses expenses expenses! But one time very early on this year, he saw a onesie online and thought it was hilarious. So when Father's Day came around, I knew exactly what he'd want!



I originally planned to just buy it somewhere, because craftiness wasn't exactly happening around these parts for many months.... but then I could only find a few not-so-cute ones on Etsy, and they were way more than I planned to spend. So, DIY it was! I haven't used iron-on paper maybe ever, but it was so much easier than I feared. I just printed the words I wanted (I did black so they would stand out as much as possible), cut them out (which took several days of careful scissor action, but luckily I had plenty of time), and then ironed them on! Super easy, and I still have 2.5 sheets of that (expensive) iron-on paper to use for future crafts.


My biggest worry was what size onesie to get. Obviously it makes the most sense to get a newborn onesie, because after that stage, Shenli wouldn't need a onesie with 'instructions' on it, and it might seem weird to have the baby wearing it. But on the other hand, how long do babies even wear newborn onesies!? Maybe not at all, so I was worried. I got this 0-3 month size one at Walmart, and it was only $1 so I guess even if he does wear it just a week or two, it wasn't even too bad!






No comments:

Post a Comment