Tuesday, July 22, 2014

The Goings-On of Late

If I were smart, I would probably save each of these events for a separate blog post- because who knows when another exciting thing will happen around here! But then again, I have been feeling in a better crafty/cooking/baking mood lately, so maybe I'll get around to taking more picture. Plus, with the baby coming in a month or less even, I can always default to posting baby pictures from now into eternity......

Here are some fun things lately. Yes, the pictures are terrible, but too bad. No apologizing - why? Because I'm sick of not taking pictures. I never take pictures anymore, and I think it must be that I hate taking bad pictures, so I just never take any. But heck, how am I going to get better if I don't start at all?


1. Washer and dryer! They arrived less than 2 hours ago, and I love them already. Sure they're not the most fancy option, but I am excited to wash our clothes less than 10 feet away! The delivery guys were super nice and hilarious, so it made for a great afternoon. Now I have to go read the instruction book... the cover says "Warning: Must follow instructions IMMEDIATELY or death could result." Um... what kind of washer did we buy? :)




2. I got new glasses! I had the black ones (top picture) for 10 years, and although my prescription hasn't changed at all, it feels good to have some nice new, non-scratched ones. It took me a while to get used to not having dark black frames, but now I like them way better. I was about 85% sure I had purchased white-ish ones, so it was surprise even to me when they arrived and are gold/bronze/brown/white/blue! A little bit crazy, but I actually really love them.


3. I made a nursing cover! I probably actually should do a full post on this, but oh well. I knew I could probably do it pretty cheap, and I LOVE picking out fabric, so I knew there were a few baby things I wanted to do myself (next post: carseat cover!). I love this blue bird fabric. I also got to sew with boning for the first time! I was amazed and so happy that it turned out well, and it really does feel like I will use it often. I used this tutorial from Sew Much Ado, and I thought it was super easy.



4. Baby has a room! Ever since we moved to this new apartment, it has felt so right to have this second bedroom for the baby. And since my fun shower thrown by my amazing sisters, the baby now has things! The closet has his many clothes, all of them newborn and 0-3 month, so I hope he's a small baby. The pack 'n play will be his bed. On the top there, you can see the infant napper, which he will sleep in for the first little bit. Then, that part converts to a nice changing space by flipping it over, and he will move into sleeping in the lower section. Not everyone would want their baby to sleep in just a pack 'n play of course, but I think it is the perfect option for us, plus I set it up in only a half hour or so (and wore myself out so much that it was the only thing I could accomplish all day. :D)

Well, that's it for us! We just have a few weeks to wait, and then a little baby should be arriving in the Lund household!

1 comment:

  1. The washer and the dryer are so pretty!!!!! I'm sure we'll discuss tomorrow but just wanted to say it now before I forget. Also, I love the lighter color glasses. :) Please blog more--I get way more excited for these posts than the random other link parties I just saw. Haha.

    ReplyDelete