Friday, July 19, 2013

Chipotle Dinner - Success!

I've only been to Chipotle once, but holy cow is it delicious! It's one of my husband's favorite places and we don't have one super cloase, so I've been wanting to make it for dinner forever. I'm always hesitant to buy ingredients that are outside my comfort zone, so it takes me a long time to build up the courage to try a new recipe!



I used the recipes from ChipotleFan.com, specifically the corn salsa (didn't use poblano chilis, and just used green jalapenos) and steak marinade. My husband doesn't actually like Chipotle in burrito form (he's crazy!) so we just had the steak and corn salsa, and paired them with cilantro lime rice and pinto beans. I've made various forms of these foods before, but I've never used pinto beans before- and I think they really made this taste just like Chipotle! I'm not a bean lover, but I think I'm warming up to them for some dishes at least.



The corn salsa and rice were absolutely perfect. The steak was overcooked, but of course that's my fault...and a fault that I can't seem to overcome! I cooked it on our George Foreman grill, and I only cooked it for about 4 minutes, but that was still too long! Next time, I'll be sure to watch the steak closely so we can have it nice and tender. Overall, we loved this, and next time I'm breaking out the tortillas for sure. :)

1 comment:

  1. That sounds super good. And I'm impressed that you bought that chili ancho thing. I don't even know what that is! Time to google.

    ReplyDelete