Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Bedroom Wall - Finally Bare No More!

I finally took the plunge and did something with the wall above our bed! I've been looking for some kind of headboard or wall art ever since we moved in, but I really didn't want to spend a ton of money. (Story of our lives!) After painting the striped canvases for our living room, I knew I didn't want to buy more canvases because they are quite pricey. When I stumbled upon this wall art using vinyl and moulding from Ooh Baby Designs, I knew it was meant to be on our wall! I feel like this is really my decorating style - simple.



I've always had trouble with vinyl decorations because I feel like they're so cheesy. I tend to dislike all the cliché sayings. But I really wanted this wall art, and so I found the most acceptable one at Bed Bath & Beyond and just went with it. I found these thin pieces of wood moulding at Michaels and painted them blue with leftover paint from our striped canvases. I can't believe I waited over a year for this 20-ish minute project!



I always read other bloggers' posts and think about how everyone is such a expert on the things they blog about. Will I ever be this way? Will I tell random stories about my life all while showing off gorgeous pictures of my food? Will I try out a million recipes and learn the chemistry behind baking just so I can create the perfect cookie recipe? The answer is...maybe? But for now at least, I still consider myself a very non-expert in everything on this blog. Case in point: How hard should it be to nail in 4 pieces of straight wood for a frame? And yet, there's a hole in my rectangle here. Next time, self, attach the 4 pieces into a triangle before nailing them to the wall! I guess for now I'll still be learning as I try out each new project on this blog. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment