Saturday, September 15, 2012

Corndogs and Mozarella Sticks

I have really not been in the blogging mood lately. :( I have been making delicious food (I don't think I could ever not be in the mood for that!) And I've been trying to keep the crafting alive, but I just have no desire to post about any of it. I promise I'll try to get out of this rut in the next few weeks, but I must warn you- many of the upcoming posts are more "wish list" posts than actual craftiness. The holidays are coming up, and I have never had the time/money/inclination to decorate for them. Well, this year is different! I want to go all out for fall, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and winter, so I'll be posting my plans and ideas!

I did make an awesome meal last week of corndogs and mozzarella sticks. Because, since we're already having fried corndogs, why not add another unhealthy fried food, right? :) We had the amazing Costco hotdogs in our fridge, and although I've never been a super huge fan of corndogs, I figured homemade ones might just be awesome- and I was right!

Mozz sticks, polish dogs, and beef dogs

All the hotdogs ready for a swim!

My first fried corndog

I was planning to use Pioneer Woman's corndog recipe, but she used pancake mix, which I never keep on hand. So I found some random corndog recipe on the internet...mixed the two recipes...and followed Pioneer Woman's instructions for cooking. They were amazing! My husband was so surprised that they actually tasted "like real corndogs." That's success right there. I think the gourmet hotdogs definitely made all the difference, and frying them was actually pretty easy (I always always shallow fry, because deep frying scares me so much! But I'm trying to get over that fear, and I think this recipe definitely helped.)

As for the mozarella sticks, I have been eyeing this recipe for a while: Every College Girl's healthy mozzarella sticks. Yes, it's probably ironic that I fried the corndogs but baked the mozz sticks, but I was just following instructions! I had to bake mine quite a bit longer than 4 minutes like it says, but they came out gooey, stringy, and amazing. They were so easy (hurray for baked things!) that I'll probably make them again and again.

This is a terrible picture, but they were so yummy!

Sorry for all the terrible pictures :(

No comments:

Post a Comment