Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Birthday Desserts: Can I Have Them All??

So, my birthday is on Pi day. Yes, I'm a bit proud of it. Not only do I love math and the idea of having the best math themed birthday ever, but I love pie as well! So this day has always been pretty good, needless to say.

Growing up, I think I mostly had brownies and ice cream for my birthday. I'm just a brownies kind of girl! But the last few years of high school I really got into the pie thing, even bringing pie to school one time. Last year for my birthday I made three pies: banana cream to take to work (we had a pi day celebration there too), and then cherry and pecan for my party (party= fiancé and roommates. I'm not much of a party-er). Pecan is without a doubt my favorite pie. But I have about fifty close seconds.

This year, I've decided not to make pie. Pecans are too expensive for our budget just to make one pie out of, and we had that last year anyway. I would probably naturally gravitate toward another pie, like key lime, french apple, peach, chocolate oreo silk, etc. etc. But my dear husband suggested I make something chocolate (i.e. if I don't make chocolate, he won't eat it. Then I'll either have to eat the whole thing by myself or give it away!). So I have been scouring Pinterest and my Google Reader for good chocolate dessert ideas. I've come up with a few (and a few...not chocolate ones :D). Can I have them all please?







I know that last one would never fit the request for this birthday...but mark my words I will make it someday! Just looking at the picture I can already taste the moist cake, the tart frosting- oh, it would be so good! Maybe Easter? Graduation party? Just because it's summertime? I'll keep you posted. As for the birthday, I can't wait to try to make one of these divine treats!

No comments:

Post a Comment