Wednesday, May 27, 2015

White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies

This recipe isn't anything new for most people I'm sure. If you haven't had a white chocolate cranberry cookie, get on that! I never really liked them growing up because I preferred semi-sweet chocolate chips over anything else, plus dried cranberries were in the same category as raisins for me (aka: not acceptable in any way). But when I had to make cookies for Young Women's last month and had no chocolate chips, these were great to use up some ingredients!



The real reason this recipe is a triumph for me is because I have always stayed away from cookie recipes that call for "weird" ingredients - in this case, cornstarch. Just like recipes that add pudding, I always thought cornstarch was basically a cheating way to make a good cookie. I don't want to have to keep vanilla pudding stocked in the pantry, and I wanted my regular chocolate chip cookies to taste as good as other people's without any of those "cheating" ingredients!

But I gave in for these, and now I'm so glad I did! I will make this recipe again and again. A lot of comments said to add macadamia nuts as well - I don't usually have those, but I bet even pecans would work!


Recipe from Sally's Baking Addiction.


No comments:

Post a Comment