Sunday, March 15, 2015

Our House in Pictures

I really love seeing other peoples' houses, and dreaming they were mine. Unfortunately (for me, and anyone else who loves dreaming about other peoples' houses), my own apartment is...not that great. When we moved here (last July, so it's not really that new anyway), we took a major upgrade in the way of two bedrooms, ground floor with no one above us, a washer/dryer, and location. But we took a MAJOR downgrade in the form of 1993 (old apt) vs. 1887??? (new apt). Actually I think it's more like 1970, but still! The color scheme of our new apartment is olive green. The carpet is green, the countertops in both kitchen and bathroom are green, and the oven used to be green! But the oven actually broke around Christmastime, so now we have a nice new white oven!

And (excuses excuses...) we haven't purchased that much furniture/decor, mostly because I'm terrible at decorating, but also because I think it's hard to purchase decor until we live in a nice/real/normal house and have color schemes the way we want and know we'll be settled for a while! So until then...here is our semi-decent apartment!

*p.s. these are unedited, unstyled, normal pictures of our house. It is clean, but I made no extra effort to hide things we normally keep out, and as you can see, Roy gets to be in every picture. Haha!

I had plans to make curtains at one point... and yes, no pantry

We did get a new oven, but the green olive hood is still going strong

Oh hi marbled olive green counters


Roy's room and storage room. Lucky boy.

I made those little sea creature pictures! Out of paper and cardboard, classy

This would be the "storage" part of the room :D

The "banister wall" as I call it. Or "jail" as Shenli calls it

Oh hi darling boy!

Our room is my favorite for its cleanliness and my least favorite for its lack of interest

Family room/office/Roy's play room. I am standing at our front door taking this picture

Those out of control cords aren't normally there, promise!



2 comments:

  1. Yeeees. Your apartment seems super nice and spacious! The green doesn't even stick out to me at all. Anyway, loved seeing it. The jail cracked me up. Are those banisters critical to the structure of the building or something? Haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your apartment is beautiful! It is spacious and uncluttered and you don't have to worry about ruining stuff. Let's go to TJ Maxx while you're here or Target. They both have fun decorating things.

    ReplyDelete