Thursday, April 4, 2013

6 Pins in 6 Weeks

Well..that 6 pins in 6 weeks thing was worth a shot...Okay, actually I really enjoyed it, even if I didn't do very well at it. So here were my 6 pins that I planned to do:

1. Learn to accessorize: I don't have any pictures to prove that I accomplished this, but it's really more of a work in progress anyway. I did wear a lot more jewelry- I even got back into wearing earrings sometimes! Most importantly to me, I cleaned out a lot of my old jewelry and kind of took stock of what I have. Now I'm ready to start shopping for more updated jewelry so I can wear it on a regular basis!

2. The waterfall braid: done! I've done my hair like this so often now, and I love it each time.

3. Homemade granola bars: I planned to make a granola bar similar to the chewy bars, that are...well...chewy! But I also had a goal not to spend any money doing this pinterest challenge, and so I could only use what I had at home. I didn't have rice krispie cereal or quick oats, so I found a different recipe I'd pinned long ago to try! It was more like those crunchy granola bars, and while it was still pretty good....I won't be making them again. I don't care as much for the crunchy granola bars, but it was sure fun to try! So I'll get rice krispie cereal someday and make some delicious bars. :)



4. Make a yarn wrapped vase out of a Martinelli jar: done! It's still on my table and makes me happy every day.

5. Make a cleaning schedule: Done! I almost didn't finish this project, because it turned into a giant project where I wanted to make an entire house planning binder and all sorts of organizational things...but I calmed down and finished at least the cleaning schedule! Again, I just used what I had on hand, so some old scrapbook paper (not my favorite...but I need to use it all up before I can justify buying any more!)


6. Make overnight oatmeal: Total. Fail. Actually, I knew it would be a fail considering I didn't buy any of the ingredients! With March being my birthday, my husband's birthday, Easter, and all sorts of other things, I felt so overloaded with food that even the thought of this oatmeal made me a little sick. I try to have a small breakfast of cereal and banana slices, so a jar of oatmeal with yogurt and fruit/mix-ins just seemed too much during this gigantic month of food. But I looked at the recipes for the oatmeal again last weekend, and they looked really really good, so I think I'm over my perpetual fullness and I can try to make these soon! I'll let you know how they go, because I really can't wait to try all the flavor combinations.

No comments:

Post a Comment