Monday, October 8, 2012

Shower Treats

I just realized I have no pictures of the actual baked treats for this post. They were so yummy that I didn't get a picture before they disappeared! Either that or I was in too much of a hurry because I was smart and decided to make two desserts the morning of a party that took an hour to drive to....yup, that one. For my sister's baby shower, I was asked to bring dessert and I had a lot of fun planning what to bring.

First of all, let me start off by saying I originally planned to make at least three types of dessert, and probably twice as much of each as I ended up making. Thankfully, my family members calmed me down and they were definitely right- two desserts was plenty.

I made chocolate chip cookie bars and raspberry individual cheesecakes. The cookie bars are in honor of my pregnant sister because I have so many memories of her making cookie dough and keeping it in the fridge to eat all day long. I used her famous cookie recipe- it is essentially double what any normal cookie recipe would be. It fit an 11x17 cookie sheet perfectly! The cookie bars were so thick compared to my previous attempt (which was really really really bad). My husband asked why I don't make them every day!


The other dessert was individual raspberry cheesecakes from Annie's Eats. I've made this recipe before, and I loved it just as much this time. I wasn't going to do real raspberries, because they tend to be expensive. However, the other option of using canned pie filing, was just as expensive! So I opted for real berries and I had plenty left over to eat and make some raspberry jam-type stuff (no pectin, but still good!)



So what did I learn this time? Using the full ingredients truly paid off. I won't usually make a cookie recipe that big, but I know when I need one, this'll be a great one to use! I'm not sure if I learned anything else, but it's good to have a pleasant dessert memory to fall back on when I have a future recipe disaster. Hopefully I can keep being happy with my desserts!

No comments:

Post a Comment