Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Wings, Cake, and Cookies!

I just cleared my camera pictures and realized I have several cooking adventures I haven't posted yet! (Don't worry, my March skirt is finished and I promise to post pictures eventually..when I get around to wearing it again...).

First, we had my husband's birthday. It was great! Much less stressful than my birthday (probably because he has lower expectations than me :D). I made hot wings for the first time. I do not like chicken on the bone, but for his special day I figured I could be brave. I didn't have any anyway, but he really liked them (ate 18 of them in 2 nights dinner!). The wings sauce is The Pioneer Woman's, which is fantastic. We don't have Tabasco, but I am going to get some for next time! I also did fruit salad, veggies, and cheesy fries (homemade and baked to deliciousness) just for fun. This meal was only missing one of our favorite foods: bacon!


His birthday cake was (of course) a failure, because I made it. This time at least it stayed together enough for me to put on chocolate frosting! I had dreamed up a chocolate ombre cake, but it just didn't happen, so oh well. Next time! Here are the frosting and cake recipes.



And last but not least, I made these fruit loops cookies! I had bought fruit loops for a fun breakfast treat since we were sick of our regular cereal. However, we were not getting through it fast enough! So I googled recipes for cereal cookies and found a great one that works with any old cereal.


My favorite part was the dough. Oh, the dough! I could eat it all day. The cookies were okay, but they were a bit crunchier than I wanted. I was hoping for soft sugar cookies or snicker-doodle-esque texture, but these might have been a bit overdone. However, this is definitely a recipe I will use whenever I have anything to use up. (Or maybe just make the dough and eat it all the time.... :D)



No comments:

Post a Comment