Sunday, February 5, 2012

Update on Project Craft: February

It was certainly a lot harder to pick a craft project for February than it was for January. Mostly because it is so cold I never want to go out shopping for supplies! So I am trying to use some of the fabric I have laying around to see what I can come up with. A while ago I stumbled across this reverse applique bag  from Flamingo Toes and I have decided to see if I can do it in t-shirt form for February!


I found a few tshirt tutorials like this one from Sweet Verbena (I love almost everything she does!) so I think I can manage it...hopefully.... Here's the game plan: This week- plan design for tshirt and buy fusible interfacting (Come on JoAnns, I need a good coupon this week!). Next week will be sewing the shirt, maybe a few if I actually like the way it turns out.

Anyway, thankfully I didn't waste my Saturday yesterday, even though I didn't have a craft project to start yet. I learned how to do invisible hems on my new machine! It's digital and I am always afraid I am going to break it for some reason (oh...it could be that I did break a needle the very first time I sewed on it! Yah...I am very careful now about threading it exactly the right away- oh, and not sewing on super heavy fabric!) But yesterday I ventured out and put on the "R" foot for sewing blind hems. The first few stitches I just cranked the hand wheel because I was so afraid the needle would hit right in the middle of the foot where the guiding line is. But it all went well, and I now have some khakis that aren't too long for work!

I actually like that you can still see a line. They look hemmed, but not just sewn straight across. I think the line will disappear with washing too.

Look at the little tiny stitches!

Is it weird that I think this picture is actually really pretty? You rock little pink camera! I just love that you can see the detail of the fabric, and then the stitches are adorable! It grabbed just the tiniest bit of the actual fabric for the hem. I love it!



No comments:

Post a Comment