Thursday, January 15, 2015

Christmas Magnets

I wanted to do something crafty for Christmas gifts this year, but I didn't have a lot of time or energy. I stumbled upon this cute idea for making magnets of Roy for the Grandmas, and I though they turned out pretty great! I even made a set for my own fridge, just like the girl had done in the tutorial. The one thing I did differently was buy some Mod Podge magic stuff...I know there is a real name for it, but that is all I remembered what it was called when I went to the store. I think it is Magic 3D something or other. I researched how to make other magnets online, and that sounded like a fun idea to make these a little more legit. It was a little difficult to use, because little bubbles would appear that I could not seem to remove. But I still think they were awesome!



Here is the tutorial from i K.A.N craft, and here is how I did it: I created some 4x6 pictures that were really made of 6 little pictures each 2x2 size. I cut the pictures, and also cut some cereal boxes just slightly larger than the pictures for the backing. I painted both sides and all edges of the cardboard squares with black paint. Then I used spray glue to attach the pictures to the cardboard. I put on the 3D magic stuff and waited a day for it all to dry. Some of the cardboard bent or warped slightly, so I think I would use a stronger cardboard if I did it again. Then I used super glue to attach some magnets to the back. It only cost me the price of the 3D magic and the pictures (I got the magnets free from my neighbor, thank you!). And the best part is, when Roy grows again in a few months, we can make new sets for almost no cost or time!



No comments:

Post a Comment