Monday, December 8, 2014

Christmas Crafts

I have been feeling more crafty the last month than I have all year. I don't know if it's the Christmas spirit, or finally feeling like we have an awesome routine with Roy and work and school, or just going stir crazy after not being creative for so many months, but I have enjoyed doing these crafts lately.

This isn't really a craft, but we got our first Christmas tree! Since we'll be at our home for actual Christmas day this year, I really wanted a tree. It's just a little one, with a few gold and silver decorations from Walmart (plus a Spiderman makeshift tree topper!), but it makes me so happy.



I have an amazing stocking that my mom made when I was a baby, but Shenli doesn't have the same one, and mine is at my parent's house. So I made us some simple ones. I used the best tutorial ever from Craft Passion, and I love it. I still haven't decided what to do for our names on the stockings, and I think I want some other decorations on them eventually, but I am taking little steps. This may have been my cleanest sewing project to date. I cut carefully and even ironed in between every step. And I am so thrilled with our little stockings! Now to find something to put in them for Christmas....



I also made a few snowflake window clings from puffy paint. I loved this craft! I printed out two different templates (here and here), and cut up big Ziploc bags to use as the plastic to put the paint on. I let them dry 24 hours, and then peeled them off - they stick right to the window! It's a simple craft, and I can't really see them from inside anyway, but it makes me so happy just knowing they are on our window for everyone outside to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment