Thursday, August 7, 2014

Baby Car Seat Cover

I only showed one picture of the nursing cover I made, but I wanted to show a few more of this car seat cover. I had always just planned to buy one of the ones online with the minky that you can get for free and then just pay shipping. But there were only a few color options that I thought were boy-ish enough, and $13 for shipping was still a lot to me! So I already had this fabric below - the light mint circle one on the inside of the cover - so I just bought the outside fabric and the yellow for the straps, and made one myself! It was SO easy, I will probably do it for a girl in the future, and maybe even for gifts and things.


I used this tutorial from The Ribbon Retreat. I loved how simple it was. I didn't even have to measure fabric, I just had to put the top and bottom pieces on top of each and even them out. It can be as big as the fabric will allow it! And using a plate to make the rounded corners was genius. Even though mine doesn't have fancy ric-rac or bows (someday I will do that when I have a girl!), I think it is just perfect. 


I know the fabric colors probably look a little bizarre. The mint I already had, so I wanted a boy-ish pattern to go on the top. There was one other fabric I saw at the store that probably matched the mint better, but I really liked this turquoise leafy pattern. Car seat covers tend to be more crazy and less matchy-matchy anyway, right? :) The yellow is found in the top turquoise fabric, so it kind of matches there, and I really just think it is fun despite not being the best match ever.



No comments:

Post a Comment