Friday, July 27, 2012

Branching out from sewing

My resolution this year was really to "craft" more, and I had a list of potential crafts that included making jewelry, crocheting, making artwork, etc. etc. But really I've stuck to sewing thus far, and it's kind of getting old (actually, I'm just embarrassed that my wardrobe is growing so fast, even if it is all homemade and cheaper). So I made something else! Or rather...almost made. Really I'm 95% done, but I'll have to wait to finish.

It's a....wedding card book! We had a Pinterest relief society activity, and my amazing neighbor brought a book she had made using their wedding cards. It was adorable, super easy, and scrap-booky- and I love and envy people with scrapbook skills. I found and followed this tutorial from Something Turquoise but just used what little scrapbook supplies I have for my book.


Tutorial from Something Turquoise. I especially love the initials

Even though it's not even really similar to the tutorial, I think mine turned out great! All I have left to do is punch holes in all the cards and the front/back covers, and put ribbon through (or a ring like the tutorial had) to tie them all together. Unfortunately I don't have a hole punch that will work :( but that might be my next purchase once I get a coupon! I am actually proud of my creativity here, which is strange because I usually think I have no scrapbook skills. It definitely helps to have a tutorial to get ideas from!

Front cover with our picture

Eventually these will all be bound together with ribbon!

It's so nice to finally have a place for all our cards

Oh...and just for fun, I thought I'd post the newest fabric I just got. It was on sale at Hobby Lobby, and I just had to get it because it matches my kitchen theme perfectly! Isn't it great? I can't wait to begin my next project!!



No comments:

Post a Comment